Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Songs That I Like #5: Ryan Adams "Tennessee Sucks"

As Ryan Adams fanatics go, I came to the party pretty late. My first "this is great" moment was hearing "Nuclear" from the Demolition album/demo collection. I dove straight in and when I got to track eight I fell in love. "Tennessee Sucks" is the quite anthem for anyone living in a semi-shitty place in the sweltering heat of June, July, and August. Wisconsin definitely sucks in the summer so I can only imagine what it's like in Tennessee.

Ryan Adams -- Tennessee Sucks
From the Demolition album.

P.S. And like this lone questioner on Yahoo! Answers: "Anybody heard of the Ryan Adams Box Set due late this winter? Know a release date?" This question resonates through the infinite abyss of the universe.

Previously on Songs That I Like:
#4: Shawn Colvin "Sunny Came Home" or a pyro gets revenge.
#3: Van Morrison "Comfortably Numb" or the soundtrack to a car crash.
#2: The Libertines "Good Old Days" or please don't reminisce.
#1: Saves the Day "Freakish" or I think I love you.