Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Movie A Day

I didn't really intend this to happen but the combination of moving to a new city, not having cable, not having a job yet, and having Netflix [and their awesome Instant Viewing option] I have been watching at least a movie a day. Some are Laura's picks...some are mine and I am interested in seeing how long I can keep this up...

A quick run down...

Friday, August 22nd: Cinematic Titanic: The Wasp Woman
Review: Another great episode of the new series by the MST3K creators...but the movie is absolutely brutal. I realize that is half the fun of the series but sometimes it feels like your eyes and ears are being assaulted.

Saturday, August 23rd: Impromptu
Review: Surprisingly funny movie in which a very young Hugh Grant plays Chopin. The accents are laughable!

Sunday, August 24th: Hanover Street
Review: Han Solo is a World War II flying ace and a part time "breaker-upper of marriages"...it is a long hour and a half until the last 25 minutes of action.

Monday, August 25th: The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Review: Not quite as good as I had been told it would be...very good but shouldn't be on the AFI Top 100 movies list [it currently sits at #30]. The Bogart death scene shocked me...I wonder how people reacted to it at the time [1948].

I'll try to keep this going...don't have one lined up for tomorrow but you never know where the day will take you.