Pages

Friday, August 29, 2008

Here's What Frightens Me

Okay, McCain has selected Gov. Sarah Palin as his VP candidate...Paul Begala succinctly summarizes the days discussion in his article as "Is McCain out of his mind?" In the end, I don't think this will change things much in the polls [I mean the polls that have Obama up by 8%]. I don't see how the selection would make people who wouldn't vote for McCain yesterday vote for him today. The problems they have/had with McCain [whatever they are] don't go away while Obama's biggest problem [lack of foreign policy experience] was addressed by his VP selection. For me this is a marginally positive "do no damage" selection.

That being said, I would say McCain has a slightly less chance than a coin flip at being our next President. That being the case, I am scared shit less that there is a chance that Sarah Palin could be the Vice President. At least with any of McCain's other choices I would have been assured A. An guaranteed improvement from Dick Cheney and B. Someone who knows what the Vice President does all day. I would have been most comfortable with Romney...he's run businesses and I am sure that if I ever met him he would be one of the nicest people I've ever met...Plus a Vice President I can call Mittens is always fun...Tim Pawlenty would have been okay too, I mean no one from Minnesota has ever done anything really bad, right?