Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Old Believers

While I was unpacking some boxes from my move to Lawrence, I came upon a copy of The Old Believers' debut Eight Golden Greats that sort of got lost in the shuffle of moving across the country...so what better time than the present to dive in...I ripped it open, popped it in the stereo and took a listen...

I some ways this duo reminds me of Lawrence natives Mates of State with the keyboard traded for a banjo. I particularly enjoy "The Trouble I've Met" which sounds like a haunting Nellie McKay song...if Nellie McKay could do haunting really well.

The Old Believers -- No More

The Old Believers -- The Trouble I've Met
Both tracks are from the Eight Golden Greats album.

P.S. Here is a great history of who exactly were The Old Believers...that is other than a indie rock band...