Pages

Friday, June 27, 2008

Songs That I Like #1: Saves the Day "Freakish"

Song: "Freakish"
Time: 3:47
Group: Saves the Day
Album: Stay What You Are
Label: Vagrant Records
Release Date: July 10, 2001

Sometimes I think that I make things too complicated so we will start a new series that keeps things nice and straightforward. To begin, we have the song that without a doubt has had the biggest effect of my life thus far. I first heard this song in the summer of 2001, shortly after it's release and I really, really, really liked it. I picked up the album, and started working through Saves the Day's back catalogue. STD became my new cause celeb and I even bought a patch and put it on my school bag. A lot of people commented on it and many of them thought it was some sort of organization like Unicef...

One day, a girl noticed the patch on my bag...now I'm not saying that's the only reason she thought maybe I was a little cool...it was probably my award-winning personality...but we started hanging out, watching Alias, and eventually fell in love...how's that for a quick progression! The impact that that girl has had in my life is incredible...and it may have all started with a Saves the Day song.

Saves the Day -- Freakish