Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Haven't I Heard That Before #7: Mike Doughty & The Fifth Dimension

As happens nearly every time with these posts , these discoveries just sort of happen while casually listening to my stereo on shuffle..."Fort Hood" is the first song on Mike Doughty's new album Golden Delicious and like many of his newer songs it has an anti-war sentiment to it. About half way through though, the song takes a turn and starts into the chorus of the great Fifth Dimension song "Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In."

An interesting choice I must say. The 5th Dimension are one of my all time favorites and I think they are possibly the most underrated group from the 60's. Except for that dang "Wedding Bell Blues" song about Bill the Jerk...I can't stand that one.

Mike Doughty -- Fort Hood
From the new album Golden Delicious.

The 5th Dimension -- Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In
From the Very Best of the 5th Dimension collection.

Here are the other posts in the "Haven't I Heard That Before" sub-section.