Pages

Monday, November 5, 2007

Dennis

A few weeks ago I wrote a post about Sam Brownback and wondering why conservative voters didn't find him appealing. Today Salon writes about Dennis Kucinich and asks why liberal voters don't find him appealing? The headline reveals all: "Stop lying to yourself. You love Dennis Kucinich"...

In early 2004 I travelled down to Iowa for the Iowa Caucuses and saw speeches from Howard Dean, John Edwards, and Dennis Kucinich...Edwards' speech was the best and he has essentially been doing the same speech in the years since...Kucinich's speech was very good as well and I hung around to get his autograph afterword...I agreed with almost everything he said but I would never vote for him. Why? Because of shallow reasons I guess...as we were waiting for Dennis to arrive we were subjected to the musical stylings of two neo-hippies with bad folk songs which were mainly original compositions. The group was named something like "John & Sunrise" or something similar...they were fine upstanding people I am sure, I just don't want them apart of anything close to running my country. Something was just off kilter about them if you know what I mean.

As a gigantic X-Files fan and a believer that there is probably intelligent life out there, I will not broach the subject of Dennis & UFOs, but the feeling I got when watching that musical group is the same feeling people get when they hear Dennis saw a UFO.

In our heart of hearts, didn't we already know he had seen one?

Mystery Jets -- You Can't Fool Me Dennis

Jens Lekman -- Jens Lekman's Farewell to Rocky Dennis

The US version [called Zootime here] of the Mystery Jets debut Making Dens is outstanding and can be picked up here. The Jens Lekman song comes from the Rocky Dennis EP which is out of print in CD form but you can download it from Amazon for only $3.61.