Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Alarmists


The Alarmists -- The Ghost and the Hired Gun

Rating: Dwight Eisenhower

The Alarmists first full length album [following their debut EP A Detail of Soldiers] reminds me a lot of the Band of Horses' debut or the odd My Morning Jacket song with a more controlled use of reverb. I would almost say they songs are not quite as haunted as their contemporaries but given their album title of "The Ghost and the Hired Gun" I may be coming at this from the wrong angle.
I am posting two of my favorites, especially "Little Hands" with its unintelligible chorus which allows you to fill in your own meaning. I might be the only person who likes this song for that reason.

The Alarmists -- Little Hands

A Ghost & The Hired Gun
can be purchased on iTunes here.