Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Birthday Wishes


When the presidential campaigns were getting started in the Spring, I signed up for the campaign emails from most of them. Over time I have slowly unsubscribed from most of them...I was getting tired of updates on the latest of what Karl Rove or Hillary Clinton had said about the other parties candidates...but I do still get updates from Hillary, John, & Barack...

Today I received my 2nd email this week by Clinton campaign staffers and Bill Clinton asking me to wish Hillary "Happy Birthday." Apparently, she is turning 60...It felt more like trolling for birthday wishes...it's like passing around the birthday card for the co-worker you really don't care about and you would never think about again if they quit tomorrow...or better yet, it is like signing your name extra big to tell your boss how much you really wish them a "Happy Birthday."

Bill writes: "I know how happy Hillary will be to hear from you on her birthday. " Sheesh. Hillary should be sending me birthday wishes for considering voting for her...