Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2008

New Matthew Sweet

I am a huge Matthew Sweet fan and some of the most fun I have ever had at a concert was seeing Matthew play at 1st Avenue in Minneapolis. So I was excited to hear that there is a new Matthew Sweet song floating around out there on a collection called Songs from the Bigtop. It is the soundtrack to the film The Bigtop and includes songs by The Clientele, The Owls, and Damien Jurado. I have enjoyed it over the past couple of days...and you don't have to take my word for it as Pitchfork gave it a positive review as well.

Matthew Sweet -- Wild

From the Songs from the Bigtop soundtrack.

Matthew Sweet -- Superdeformed
From the classic No Alternative collection.

Matthew Sweet -- She Said, She Said (The Beatles cover)

Matthew Sweet & Susanna Hoffs -- Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere (Neil Young cover)
From the Under the Covers, Volume 1 album.