Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Blog Post In Which I Say Some Nice Things About John McCain


I am writing a paper for school on the health care plans of the Democratic presidential candidates and so I thought I would give John McCain's website a glance just to see what's going on over there...here are some thoughts, most of them positive...

1. I like the black, white, and gold colors...He gets points for not rehashing red, white, and blue...

2. Minus points for the slogan "Ready To Lead On Day One" an all too cheap slam on Obama and I sincerely hope he gets something a little better than that...I enjoy a good political debate but this just isn't up to snuff...

3. No 9/11 references on the front page and you actually have to look for the topic on the site...I didn't really believe that the 9/11 era of politics ended with Rudy Giuliani's lose in Florida but maybe it's true.

4. Cindy McCain turns out to be just like everyone else...well at least every other blogger...it is a daily struggle to find something interesting to write and it looks like she gave up in September 2007...

The White Stripes -- Why Can't You Be Nicer To Me?
From the De Stijl album.