Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

500th Post: Confession Time


I had noticed that my blog post total had been getting close to 500 and I had been racking my brain on what to write about...a big music post? something else? After thinking about it I came to the conclusion of maybe telling the dirty little secret about this blog that you might not realize...the name "You Are So Relevant" does not have the proud indie rock credentials that I would hope for in a perfect world. Instead, it comes from a lyric in the Alanis Morissette song "So Pure."

Yikes, right?

I don't know what it was exactly but about a year ago I heard the song at my sister's house and the lyric made me laugh and I was keeping an eye out for a possible blog title and WHAMO! there it was...

You may remember the video as being a little groundbreaking at the time [this would be about 1998/1999]:



Alanis Morissette -- So Pure
From the Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie album.