Pages

Monday, March 10, 2008

I Wish I Had Thought Of That

This is the kind of comeback you only think of after the argument is over...:

“They have been spending the last two or three weeks” arguing that he is not ready to be commander in chief, Obama said.

“I don’t understand. If I am not ready, how is it that you think I should be such a great vice president?” Obama asked the crowd, which gave him a standing ovation during his defense. “I don’t understand.”

“You can’t say he is not ready on day one, then you want him to be your vice president,” Obama continued. “I just want everybody to absolutely clear: I am not running for vice president. I am running to be president of the United States of America.”
Hot Chip -- Ready for the Floor (Smoothed Out On An R'n'B Tip Version)
From the Ready for the Floor EP.

The Twilight Singers -- I'm Ready

From the album Powder Burns.