Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Gone, Baby, Gone


I have been meaning to write this for a little bit now but I had more pressing things to write over the past few weeks.

No Country For Old Men and There Will Be Blood have been supplanted for my Best Picture of the Year by Gone Baby Gone...and I nearly fell off the couch when I remembered that it was directed by Ben Affleck. I had forgotten that completely and I don't really remember seeing him do much promotion for it on the talk shows...or maybe I just wasn't watching that night...

The movie is based on Dennis Lehane's novel [he also wrote Mystic River] so I knew going in it was going to be a solid story but Casey Affleck gives a great performance that I think should have been nominated for something...make up a category if you have to.

Pete Yorn -- Baby I'm Gone (Live at Easy Street Records)
From the Live at Easy Street Records EP.