Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2007

The Manics: The Band My Grandma Told Me Was Cool


My Grandma was born in England and met my Grandpa while he was fighting there in World War II. When I was little, my Grandma would fly over and visit her family nearly every year and she would always bring presents home for my sister and me. When I was a little older, my Grandma would bring a CD home that was popular in England (her niece, Diane, helped her pick it out).
She gave me my first copies of Oasis' "What's the Story Morning Glory" which I had heard about but hadn't picked up yet and a band called the Manic Street Preachers. I had never heard of them before but their album Everything Must Go became on of my all time favorites.
This is a track from their next album, This Is My Truth, Tell Me Yours...remixed by the great Massive Attack.
Not all of the Manics albums are available in America, to get them all go here.