Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Chess Club

When I was in Chess Club in high school, Gary Kasparov was the best chess player in the world and had just defeated the IBM supercomputer Deep Blue...After high school I didn't play chess as much and haven't really followed the comings and goings of chess' top players...so as I switched over from watching the Bears getting whipped by the Cowboys, I was surprised to see that Mr. Kasparov is now a major political figure in Russia.

Tonight on 60 Minutes, they had a long piece on Mr. Kasparov and his Russian non-governmental organization, the United Civil Front. I couldn't find the video yet, but here is a video with Charlie Rose interview Mr. Kasparov and his thoughts on Russian politics...



Bob Dylan -- Only A Pawn In Their Game

Bob Dylan has a new boxed set coming out called Dylan...pre-order it here.