Pages

Friday, January 4, 2008

More on the Caucus

So my Iowa predictions were marginally correct but I missed the boat on Joe Biden and Ron Paul didn't do nearly as well as I thought he would. The Democratic side, while still wide open, seems to be coming together whereas on the Republican side, nothing is clear. Politico calls it "total disarray."

As I was driving around today they had some political "experts" on NPR and one of them [I wish I had caught his name] mentioned a "truth" regarding our two parties...Democrats are tolerant of ambiguity and Republicans are intolerant of ambiguity. And so consequently, this uncertainty in the Republican race is not sitting well with Republicans.

Not sure if I buy into it, but it is something that I hadn't heard expressed that way before.

The Byrds -- I Wanna Grow Up To Be A Politician

There a million Byrds compilations out there, one of the two that I own is Super Hits.