Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Gone Baby Gone

John Edwards dropped out of the Presidential race yesterday and I am sad to see him go. I would have loved an Edwards / Obama two-person race...I donated money to Edwards' campaign [and Obama's by the way] as part of my "any Democrat but Hillary" campaign...But in the end, Edwards lasted just six days longer than Dennis Kucinich and in the end will his candidacy have any more effect than Kucinich's?

I haven't gotten the chance to take part in the primary/caucus process so far this year but I would have seriously considered voting for Edwards again. I voted for him in the 2004 primary in Wisconsin and hell, I even had Edwards campaign staff staying at my house for free during that election. That being said, who Edwards supports doesn't mean anything to me. I will now support Obama and if Edwards supports Clinton, that's great for him but it has nothing to do with me.

Diana Ross & The Supremes -- Love Is Here & Now You're Gone
You can find this song on the great Motown compilation Motown Legends Volume 2.

Lynryd Skynryd -- Tuesday's Gone
This is from the Dazed & Confused soundtrack.

The Shins -- Gone for Good (Live)
This is from Live from the Morning Alternative Volume 2.